Knowing what your child is learning helps to support them throughout their education.
Our teaching and learning program includes whole class, small group and individual activities catered to the needs of students. Our teachers use a broad range of assessment strategies to establish the individual needs of their students and design and deliver stimulating activities based around the Victorian Curriculum guidelines. We encourage our students to use creative thinking skills for efficient problem solving and provide ample opportunities to collaborate with peers.
The key learning areas we focus on at Oberon are:
- The Arts
- Deakin Science (Term 2)
- The Humanities
- Health and Physical Education
- Integrated Digital Technology
- gr8 People Values
Some additional programs we are proud to offer include:
- Camps and excursions
- Student leadership program
- Student Representative Council
- Annual dance program culminating in a whole school performance evening
- Deakin Science Education program, including an annual Family Science Evening
- Weekly fitness sessions run by the school captain team
- Grade 3-6 Bike Education program
- Intensive swimming program
- Inter-school sporting competitions
- Opt-in music program
- The Song Room Prep music program
- Literacy Support and intervention programs
- School Wide Positive Behaviour Program
We strive to offer our students the opportunity to extend and pursue their skills and interests outside of the classroom. We embrace events such as Naidoc Week, Education Week and Book Week throughout the school year and offer parents and families opportunities to become involved in a range of activities that we host.