The Oberon School Council comprises of elected parents and staff members. Being on school council requires attending two meetings each term, a sub-committee meeting and a school council meeting. Meetings are currently held on Tuesday evenings and are usually 90 minutes in duration.
School Council Responsibilities
School councillors have a number of important roles including, determining the general education policy of the school, developing the school strategy and annual plan and reporting to the school community.
Members also have an active role in approving and monitoring the school’s:
•Exercising a general oversight of the buildings and grounds.
•Overseeing fundraising for the school.
•Promoting positive parent engagement.
•Promoting a positive school environment.
Oberon Primary School Council Members
The Annual General Meeting was held on Tuesday, February the 25th, at which the following School Council Members were elected for 2022:
- Rebekah Wybar-Lupton (President)
- Andrew Holt (Vice President)
- Adam Gilbert (Secretary)
- Anne Sidebottom (Parent Representative)
- Michael Breen (Parent Representative)
- Caleb Edhouse (Parent Representative)
- Glenn Hulston (Parent Representative)
- Kelly Castrignano (Parent Representative)
- Stu McCoombe (Staff Representative)
- Karina Darling (Staff Representative)
- Matthew Nalder (Staff Representative)
- Michael Grozdanovski (Staff Representative)
Get In Touch
Location: 28 Dorothy Avenue, Belmont, Victoria 3216
Telephone: 03 5243 1613
School Hours: Monday – Friday: 8:30am – 4:00pm