Our educational programs cater for the individual needs of the child and provide a broad based, comprehensive curriculum.
We are concerned with the development of the attitudes, skills and knowledge that students need to cope efficiently with the demands of living in our complex and changing society.
Whilst the acquisition of basic skills and facts is vitally important, we also focus on the development of independent learning skills, problem solving, decision making, co-operative work habits and research skills.
At Oberon, we provide programs that ensure children have the opportunity to:
- Develop the self esteem and confidence that will enable them to strive for individual excellence,
- Acquire fundamental educational skills in English and Mathematics,
- Develop appropriate social skills and desirable attitudes towards others,
- Take pride in personal appearance and performance,
- Equip themselves with appropriate strategies to explore, inquire, make decisions and succeed,
- Develop an awareness of and concern for the world in which we live,
- Participate in a range of recreational activities that promote healthy physical development along with positive use of leisure time,
- Use technology in a responsible, appropriate manner with a strong awareness of cyber safety and digital citizenship.
Please call our wonderful office staff, Kirsty, Bonnie or Mairead on 5243 1613 to book a tour of our school.
2024 Foundation (Prep) Enrolment information regarding the process, key dates and school zones available here.
We also recommend families with children starting Prep refer to the Vic.gov.au website for further information.